The Network of Expert Centres brings together centres and organisations in the UK which have expertise in digital arts and humanities research and scholarship. It facilitates collaboration in support of five broad aims:
- to advocate, promote and raise awareness and understanding of the use of ICT in research and scholarship in arts and humanities (broadly defined)
- to take the lead in the use of digital methods and resources for arts and humanities research and scholarship
- to develop and exchange expertise, knowledge, standards and best practices
- to identify and represent the needs of the research community
- to conduct dialogue with relevant stakeholders
The IHR is delighted to have been accepted as a member of the Network, and the IHR Digital team look forward to working with their colleagues to develop and promote the digital humanities.
For more information about the Network and its members, see http://www.arts-humanities.net/noc.