Conferences and workshops
Call for proposals:
- An introduction to web archives for Humanities and Social Science (HSS) research – 22nd international conference on Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries (TPDL) 2018, 13 September 2018, Porto, Portugal (now open)
The following workshops and conferences have been organised by the project team:
- Web archives as big data, 3 December 2014 (closed)
- Web archives and research in the arts and humanities, 26 February 2014 (closed)
The project will also be presented at a range of events in the autumn of 2014:
- On 4 November, Richard Deswarte, Gareth Millward and Peter Webster will be talking about ‘Interrogating the archived UK web: historians’ and social scientists’ research experiences’, at the Institute of Historical Research’s Digital History seminar.
- As part of the UK’s first national festival of the humanities, Being Human, members of the project team will be talking about and demonstrating the web archive on Saturday 15 November. The session, which will run from 1.00 to 4.00, forms part of the festival launch day, ‘Too much information: being human in a digital age’. One of the project bursary holders, Gareth Millward, will also be talking about the problems of using the archived web for historical research as part of the early career research Ignite! presentations.